Everyone loves holding babies, and no one loves holding your baby more than you and your partner.
Babywearing is not just about cuddles, it has lots of benefits both emotional and practical.
You, your baby, your other children and your partner all benefit from the practice.
Babywearing wraps and carriers are a convenient parenting and bonding tool that has both behavioural and cognitive benefits for your baby.
The right position in a wrap, sling or carrier aids physical development. Baby wearing and wraps are ancient parenting tools that give you and your baby comfort and joy.
So why do we wear our babies? There are emotional, practical, medical, psychological reasons for it.
- Gives you more flexibility and mobility
- Is so convenient for you and your baby
- Allows your baby to take part in everyday life
- Aids physical development
- Eases the transition from womb to world
- Promotes sleeping
- Gives your baby the feeling of security
- Calms your baby instantly and gives him the ability to cope better with stress later in life
- Helps your baby to develop trust and self-confidence
- Allows you to hold your baby for long periods
- Is essential for parents with more than one child
- Stimulates all senses
- Improves communication and understanding
- Deepens your bond
- Strengthens your core and back muscles
- Reduces and prevents postnatal depression
- Increases milk supply and helps with feeding issues
- Eases symptoms of colic and reflux
- Aids digestion
- Gives you two free hands while holding your baby close
- May reduce the risk of SIDS as studies have shown
- Prepares you mentally for the challenges of our parenting journey
- Plays a crucial role in the healthy development of the human brain.
Newest Research shows that babies belong with their caregiver.
So Babywearing is not only great because you can go anywhere without a pram it also gives your baby the much needed contact and warmth it needs for a great start!
The Babywearing Practice brings newest research and Babywearing excellence to the Families of Australia. We soon will have a qualified Babywearing Consultant near you!
Here at The Babywearing Practice we can act as your baby wearing consultants to help ensure you learn the most optimal wrap techniques. With various baby carrier options available we can help you navigate what is best for you and your family. We stock a wide range of carriers and wraps including Didymos, Emeibaby, Kokadi and Hoppediz. Talk to us today for a consultation in Brisbane or Melbourne or to buy a carrier!
The Babywearing Practice- changing the world for the better by giving the gift of Babywearing to one family at a time!